Friday, June 7, 2013

The Auctioneer on Kindle, Arrested Development

My new novel, "The Auctioneer", is now available in print and on Kindle, or any other reading device you may want to use. My wife just read "A Tale of Two Cities" on her iphone. It seemed rather small to me, but anything that you're comfortable with, I guess.

So it's nice to have that published. I'm pleased with it. The "Rock Star" book I'm writing now is going okay. I'm up to about 48,000 words. My goal is to have the first draft finished by the end of June, so I really need to get moving. It's about a rock star (no kidding) who quit his band and disappeared, only to be discovered by a reporter thirty years later living a simple life in Maine. The band gets back together and decides to do another tour. That's all I've got so far.

I finished reading "Duma Key". It was really good, stretched the imagination a bit much at the end but overall a very good book. Not as good as "Under The Dome", but that was one of Stephen King's all-time best. I have to say, I actually find his more recent books to be better than his older ones. Maybe not better. Different. Not as scary or original, maybe, but he seems to be a better storyteller now. Since I'm not a big fan of the scary, I enjoy his newer books.

Last night I finished watching the new season of "Arrested Development". There were some good parts but overall it was very disappointing. The episodes dragged on way too long, for one thing. The original series was great because it was an ensemble and when you lose that, you lose a great deal of the greatness. Kind of how none of The Beatles were never as good solo as they were with the band. A lot of people are saying that the new Arrested Development is like the second trilogy of Star Wars movies that George Lucas made about 10 or 15 years ago. In my opinion, the show is not that bad - how could it be - but it certainly could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment