Saturday, April 25, 2015

Smart investing can lead to the freedom to buy a 2012 Kia Forte


Here is my column from this week's Sanford News. It's about the mind-boggling financial success I've had investing in stocks. Those of you who are considering investing will probably decide to do so after reading this. I hope that those people who are inspired to invest because of my column and experience tremendous success will remember me and share a small portion of their success. Or a large portion. Either way.

Speaking of financial success, we bought a 2012 Kia Forte this week. Yes, with financial success comes the freedom to purchase things that once seemed unattainable, like a 2012 Kia Forte. Actually, it seems like a good car. My wife likes it and that's the important thing, since it's her car.

I finished reading Jaws, which was different in many ways from the movie, including the way it ended. In some ways, I liked it better than the movie.

One thing I always have problems with when writing a story is coming up with names. This morning I was working on a novel and couldn't come up with any names, so I opened an old phone book for some ideas. For instance for the name of a high school principal I found the last name Craggy. Principal Craggy. I like the sound of that.

I usually mix and match - a first name from this column, a last name from that column. I do this quite often when writing stories. I should probably just ask my 8-year-old son for name ideas, I'm sure he'd come up with some good ones.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, smart investing can lead to a lot of nice purchases. Gotta do your research, though, and avoid major risks.

    ReplyDelete