Saturday, June 25, 2016

My graduation essay in Grown and Flown

It's sunny and 80 degrees and I'm sitting on the couch in my living room. Here in Maine we get about a dozen of these days per year, if we're lucky. I asked my son if he wanted to go to the lake but he said no. He's now in his room sorting his Pokeman cards. Oh well, he's focused and quiet. I may sit on the back deck and read. Or maybe I'll just take a nap.

I recently had an essay that I wrote about my son's high school graduation published on the website Grown and Flown. It's called Graduation and the Heart-Rending Optimism of Youth. I like this one, if I do say so myself (and I do). And here's a picture of the family after graduation:


I also had an essay accepted by the site Ripped Jeans and Bifocals, which I will share when it is published. I've apparently discovered the parenting / aging market. It's usually what I write about in my columns for the Sanford News, so it's really not a stretch for me.

Well, I think I'll go take that nap now. I will definitely not take so long between posts next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment