Saturday, January 21, 2017

Dear Adam West...

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and among my gifts from my wife were two books that I really wanted:

I'm looking forward to reading the Norm MacDonald book. The latest episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee has him in it, and I had tears in my eyes from laughing when I watched it last night.

The other book, Back to the Batcave, is one I've wanted for a long time. My wife got it on Amazon, but then I mentioned that I was going to read it, sell it, and then buy a signed copy on Adamwest.com. So then she bought me a signed copy, which I'm glad she told me before I ordered one. But, I supposed there's nothing wrong with having two copies of Adam West's signed book.

Last night, I did something I've never done before: I wrote a letter to a celebrity. I felt like Marcia Brady writing to Davy Jones. I sent an email to the Adam West site telling him how much my son and I like Batman and that I'm enjoying his book. I included a link to a newspaper column I wrote about Batman three years ago, mentioning that it got picked up by MeTV.

Now, I don't expect to hear back from Adam West, and I certainly don't expect him to stop by my  house like Davy Jones did on the Brady Bunch. But it would be pretty cool if he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment