Monday, June 18, 2012

Batman and Kindle

The first draft of The Auctioneer will be finished this week.  I'm very excited because I plan to set it aside and immediately go to work finishing Mowa Lettahs From Maine.  My goal is to have that one published as an ebook by the end of June, so I'll really have to push.  I've been writing a lot lately, especially at night after Sam goes to bed, and I think I'll be able to do it.

Sam has been watching the 1965 Batman movie, with Adam West.  He watched it about 5 or 6 times last week and loved it.  There is nothing better than watching a 5-year-old figuring out the jokes of such a classic, campy movie and laughing his head off.  His favorite may be the name of the person who bought a submarine from the Navy - P.N. Gwin.  Sam just thinks that's so funny - "Get it? P.N. Gwin?  It's Penguin!"  He's walking around saying things are purrrfect, like Catwoman, and quoting other parts of the movie.  The kid's going to be a comedy writer (I hope).

I got a Kindle from the library last week.  It's ironic that I publish ebooks but have never used a Kindle or Nook. I love the smell and feel of books and it's hard for me to let go of that - kind of like going down with the ship, I suppose.  But now I think, why can't I have both?   On the Kindle I am reading "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" and really enjoying it.   Who knows, I may end up buying myself one for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment