Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Freezing; High Tech Stereo System

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but it's really cold out there. It was 10 degrees at noon and the wind chill temperature is not going to get up over 0 for the rest of the day. So I'm staying inside. I did run outside to get the mail, and I believe that gave me all the fresh air I should need today. And I am planning to go to the movies tonight, so that hundred yard walk from the truck to the building should be quite refreshing.

I've been working on my new novel, sort of. As I often do, I'll start writing a novel, then get another idea and start another novel. So I'll work on 2 novels, often one after the other, until the characters in one become very clear. Then I'll stick with that one and drop the other one. It usually takes 10-20 pages. Strange, I know.

As I've said before, I enjoy listening to music while I write. Not always; if I'm writing an article or something I really need to think about, I'd often rather not listen to anything. But usually, especially when writing short stories or novels, I like to listen to music. Here, for the first time, I reveal the hi-fi system I use:


Yes, that's seriously what I listen to music on. Turntable, cassette, receiver - all I need to do is get a cd player and I'll have updated it to the 1980's. I will admit, I have an ipod hooked up to it. But it's a fourth generation ipod.

Another great quote from Sam: We were listening to the Beach Boys - his current favorite - and he was asking about them. I told him that they are old now and probably can't sing as high anymore. He replied,  "Yeah, when people get old their voices get kind of crumbly."

No comments:

Post a Comment