Thursday, April 20, 2017

Bruce Robert Coffin - Adding to my signed book collection

A couple of nights ago I went to see Bruce Robert Coffin at the local library, Goodall Library. He's the author of Among The Shadows, which I read last month and really enjoyed. It's a crime/mystery story and takes place in Portland, Maine. A local setting always makes it more interesting, which is why so many Mainers love Stephen King. Well, people from everywhere love Stephen King, but still. We really love him.

The presentation was really good. I'd never actually been to see an author speak about his book. Bruce Coffin was really good, a confident, natural speaker. The type of guy that takes a question and speaks for the next 20 minutes and finishes up on a completely different topic, yet keeps it interesting. And I got a signed copy of his first book, of course.


I now have books signed by Stephen King, Richard Russo, Michael Chabon, Adam West, and Bruce Robert Coffin. Quite a varied collection, which I hopefully will continue to add to.

I've had a couple essays accepted for publication this week - one for Submittable which won't be published until June, another for Her View From Home, which will be published in May. In the meantime, I'm struggling with my next novel. I've written about 10,000 words but I may start all over. It's good, but it doesn't seem quite right yet.

And I'm thinking of writing a fifth Lettahs From Maine book, all Maine poems. Poems From Maine. Also thinking of doing a Lettahs From Maine podcast or vlog, but these are just ideas and I don't have the knowledge to do either one. I suppose I could learn. Or find someone smart to do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment