Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Lucid Moment, Theodore Rex, Stereophonics, New England Patriots

My most recently published short story, "A Lucid Moment", is now available for viewing online at http://www.fictionandverse.com/a-lucid-moment/ . It's a good story, one of the better ones I've written. I wrote it over a year ago but it is just being published now, which is usually how it goes.

I'm reading Theodore Rex, about Theodore Roosevelt. I've been reading it for over 2 weeks and I'm just past halfway through. Looks like it will take me the entire month of January to read one book. It seems like a textbook at times, and it is certainly not for everyone, but I'm enjoying it.

I've been listening to a lot of Stereophonics lately, hoping it will inspire me to write. It has, I just finished writing my first short story in a long time. I'll send it out to a few places this week. Unfortunately, Duotrope.com, the site where I find the magazines to send my stories to, is no longer free. I'm really ticked off about that. It is only $5 a month but I'm refusing to pay. Until I can't find the magazines I'm looking for, of course. Then I'll probably pay.

Speaking of Stereophonics, they have a new album coming out in April, I think, but I'm sure I won't be able to get it here in the U.S.  I had to wait over a year to buy their last cd. I could have bought it when it first came out, but it was an import and would have cost me over $30. I'm always amazed at the difference between popular music here and in the UK. The difference is that ours is crap.

Tonight I'm either going to start another short story or begin my rewrite of The Auctioneer. But first I'm going to watch the Patriots game with some friends. I really hope they lose. The greatest thing in football is a Steelers win, and the next best thing is a Patriots loss. Since we are in Maine and everyone is a Patriots fan, this should be an interesting afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment