Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bit nippy up heeya in Maine, yessah!

It is really cold here in Maine. -5 to -15 degrees tonight. Someone (my father) told me today that it wasn't too bad outside, warm compared to yesterday. You know someone is a true Mainer when they describe 15 degrees as warm. Everything is covered in a sheet of ice. I've driven into the same snowbank on my street twice this week.

Here's my Christmas column from the Sanford News. It was on the front page of the newspaper, along with two other columns. I didn't like the column when I wrote it, but a lot of people have told me they like it so I assume they know what they are talking about. Normally I think I know more than everyone, unless they are complimenting me.

I just finished reading Olive Kitteridge, by Elizabeth Strout. It was excellent, really well done. It's a book I never would have considered reading and am glad I did. I think I'll begin another Carl Hiaason novel tonight. He's the funniest writer around today, in my opinion. Excluding myself, of course.

I'm writing a new Lettahs From Maine book, Love Lettahs From Maine. I'm laughing while writing it, which is a good sign. I hope to have it finished and published by February because Valentine's Day is in February, and nothing says romance better than Love Lettahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment