Saturday, January 17, 2015

Lazy boy in a La-Z-Boy

My birthday was last week and I had a great day. Got a new LL Bean jacket (fowa them wicked cold wintah days) and a recliner, which gives me yet another excuse to avoid writing. I sat in my new recliner and watched a few movies this week. I can see that this is going to be a very, very comfortable way to waste time.


I may look thoughtful, but I'm just trying to decide which movie to watch next.

So, speaking of my birthday, my column in last week's Sanford News was about my birthday and the 10-year anniversary of my first date with my wife. It's a good column, in my completely biased opinion. 10 years together. Wow. A wife, kids, a house, and now my very own recliner. I'm feeling very domesticated.

I've almost finished writing the first draft of Love Lettahs From Maine. How can I tell the difference between the first draft and the finished product, you may ask? Well, it ain't easy, mistah! I'm really enjoying writing it, though. Here is just a sample of the beautiful prose you'll find inside the book:

I know I come off like some big stud with my collection of deeya heads and rifles in my bedroom at Ma’s house, but I aint nevah mated with a real woman befowa. I’m glad we decided to wait, of cawse, but sometimes when I’m with you I feel like a bull moose during ruttin season.

Ah, yes, romance is certainly in the air up here in Maine. When can you get your hands on Love Lettahs From Maine? Hahd sayin, not knowin. But soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment