Friday, August 7, 2015

Review of Harper Lee's 'Go Set A Watchman' - It stinks.

I read Harper Lee's Go Set A Watchman last week. I can give you my review in two words - It stinks.


However, I will say a little more. This book should never have been published. It reads like a first draft, which it probably is. There is a reason Harper Lee didn't publish this book for over 50 years. They say it was recently discovered, but I don't believe that. She knew it was there and didn't want it published. I should add that To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite novels. Maybe that's why this one bothers me so much.

I'm now reading Scribe, by Bob Ryan. Nothing great, but good if you are a fan of Boston sports.

Summer is coming to an end. Well, I may be rushing it, but it feels that way. The Sanford Mainers baseball team have concluded their season. Memorial Day is the unofficial start to summer, and for me the end of the Mainers season is the unofficial end. I don't want it to end, and I'm sure we have lots of nice weather and barbecues ahead of us. At least I hope so.

Today I ordered a  new ergonomic office chair. I'm hoping that will help with my shoulder and back problems and get me back to working on my next novel soon. I know that there are a lot of people looking forward to it. Right? RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment