Monday, August 31, 2015

How sex caused me to lose my hair

Here's a story about how my son thinks that sex made me lose my hair:

A few months ago, my 9-year-old son told me that he knew all about sex and I didn't have to explain anything to him. I asked where he acquired this information and he said the playground. The same place we all learned it, I guess.

So I asked him to tell me what he'd heard, in the hopes that I might learn something. It's never too late, right? So he said that sex is when a man and a woman lay down together naked and one of them sticks their penis in the other one's butt. Which is about what I'd expect from third-grade sex experts.

I then explained to him what sex is and how it works (as much as I know, anyway). It was an awkward conversation. Then he asked, "What's the point? I mean, why would you even want to do that?" After saying that adults get feelings for each other and blah blah blah, I said, "Oh! It's to make children. The actual point of sex is to reproduce, or make children."

So yesterday, he was making fun of my lack of hair. I told him that I had plenty of hair before he was born (okay, I lied) and that it only started falling out when he was born. And then he asked, "Why, does sex make you lose your hair?"

Pretty clever, I thought.

Another one of his jokes about my hair:
Sam: Dad, do you think you'd be good in a club? I think you would be.
Me: Oh yeah? What kind of club?
Sam: Hair Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment