Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fox-C

Character names are a problem for me.  Sometimes I get stuck on a certain letter - all my characters names will begin with the letter M, for instance.  I spend so much of my writing time thinking up character names.  One of my friends said that he had his daughter think up names for characters in a book he is planning to write.  He told me the names she came up with, and they are much better than my usual.  Outdone by an 8-year-old.  What I sometimes do is look on the shelf at some of my albums and combine the names of band members - Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, for instance, would become Steven Perry.  I wonder what I'd get with a U2 album, with Bono and The Edge - The Bono, maybe?  Yeah, stupid.

A dog named Foxy lives down the street from us.  As Samuel and I were walking by yesterday, he said, "You know, she does look like a fox.  But I don't know why they put the letter C at the end of her name."



No comments:

Post a Comment