Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Writing Again


I am not going to finish my Auctioneer first draft by the end of May.  Not even going to come close.  But, I do have a good reason.  I hurt my shoulder and was unable to write for two weeks.  I began to write again a few days ago, a couple hundred words a day, and put down a thousand yesterday.  I'm paying for it today - I can barely turn my head.  But it felt so good to write, I'll try to get another few hundred words down today. 

My writing was nothing out of the ordinary, but the setting was.  I write on my laptop in the same chair every day,  but I'm unable to do that right now because the chair hurts my shoulder and neck.  So I wrote on the living room couch with the seat reclined, in sort of an awkward position that only hurt a little bit.  Instead of playing the cd player that sits near the chair in my office, I used Michelle's ipod (and Hello Kitty headphones) and listened to The Beatle's White Album.  Maybe I'll do the same thing again today.  I may need to buy my own headphones.

The new goal, knowing that I will have to work slower in the forseeable future, is to finish "The Auctioneer" by the end of June and have "Mowa Lettahs From Maine" finished and available as an ebook by the end of July.  I had planned on having my next novel, "Bobby's House" available as an ebook by July but now I'm shooting for August.  So it should be a fun, busy summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment