Friday, May 11, 2012

George Harrison, and Nook vs. Kindle

I'm wondering how many Kindles are sold compared to Nooks.  My book sales on Kindle are much higher than on the Nook, the ratio is about 20 to 1.  Can Kindle sales be that much higher than those of the Nook?  Most people I know own a Kindle but I do know a couple of Nook owners.  There must be some way I can look this up, instead of just staring into space and hoping the answer will smack me in the head.

My writing went really well today.  Only about 1,000 words but I really like what I wrote.  When I write something that makes me laugh out loud as I'm writing it, I know it's good.  I'm up over 50,000 words and I'd like it to end up at around 100,000.  As impossible as it seems, I am still shooting to have the first draft finished by the end of May. 

I watched "George Harrison: Living In The Material World" yesterday.  It is a Martin Scorcese film.  I was quite disappointed.  For a three hour film, I didn't learn much about George Harrison that I didn't already know from watching "The Beatles Anthology".  I did enjoy the interviews with people like Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Tom Petty, and Eric Clapton, and the interviews with his wife were good, but I would have liked to learn more from and about his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment