Thursday, February 28, 2013

House Of Cards, Arrested Development, The Brooklyner

My latest short story was published online today at http://brooklyner.org/2013/late-winter/ . It's a good one, about an old guy in the late winter of his life. It may also be the shortest story I've had published, I think it is around 800 or 900 words.

A couple of days ago, I finished Stephen King's "From A Buick 8". It was average, definitely not his best. I left a review of it on Amazon.com, my first review. 3 Stars. I wish more people would review my books. Well, only if they have something positive to say and leave 5 stars, of course.  I'm now reading John Grisham's "A Time To Kill". I haven't read it in 7 or 8 years and I remember really enjoying it. I've read 2 chapters and I remember now how fast-paced the book is, really well done. I enjoyed "The Firm" a lot also and will try to read that within the next few months.

I'm up to about 16,000 words in "Rock Star". I'm beginning to find more ideas to explore while writing it, which is always a good sign. Once the characters really become clear, the story becomes very easy to write. Well, not very easy, but it creates a flow. "Be like water", as Bruce Lee said. Don't think he was talking about writing, but it works.

I began watching "House Of Cards" on Netflix. I like it, I wouldn't say I love it but it has my interest. I watched episode 3 last night and every episode has been better than the one previous. Problem is, there are only 13 episodes total and if I grow to really enjoy it, then what?

Really looking forward to the new season of "Arrested Development" in May on Netflix. The funniest show ever, in my opinion. I'm going to watch all 3 seasons again before watching the new one, I think. I'm just not sure how I'm going to find time.

No comments:

Post a Comment