Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Writer's Market, Super Bowl, Rod Stewart

I have 2 or 3 short stories I'd like to submit for publication but I'm not sure where to send them. This thing with duotrope.com costing money really stinks. It was so easy to look up different online and print magazines on there. I suppose I could use the poets & writers website. They offer a pretty good list, not nearly as long as duotrope's and not as simple to use, but I guess it's better than nothing. Unless I want to spend $5, which I really don't. That's like sending in stories to magazines that charge reading fees. I can't imagine paying someone to read my stories.  Are they really so bad that I have to pay someone to read them?

I bought the new Writer's Market book from amazon.com, it came in the mail today. It's not really new, I bought the 2012 version because it was only $3 for a new copy. I haven't looked at it yet, I've had a couple of the older copies a few years back and I remember that there really isn't much in there as far as fiction markets. Better than nothing, though, and they do have a good list of book publishers. It's better than paying $5 to that damn duotrope.com!!

Okay, that felt good. So, the Super Bowl. Apparently Jesus loves Ray Lewis and the Ravens a little more than he loves the 49ers. That's too bad. Not that I like the 49ers, but I really don't like Ray Lewis. If he goes to work for ESPN, I wonder if he will wear that ridiculous-looking black paint  all over his face while commentating. That will make quite a mess if he bursts into tears like he is prone to doing. Ah, well, we can only hope.

I am currently reading "Pontoon" by Garrison Keillor. Man, that guy is funny. My next book after that is "Rod", about Rod Stewart. I wonder if his real name is Rod (guess I'll find out when I read the book) and if his parents realized the phallic symbolism involved. I mean, if he'd been a plumber named Rod, you'd think of a snake going down a shitty drain pipe to unclog it. Not the sexiest thing in the world. But a rock star named Rod, well, line up, girls!

I was going to continue on with the rock star novel I started last spring (and I still could) but I've begun writing another novel. I have 1 1/2 paragraphs written. I'm nothing if not prolific.

No comments:

Post a Comment